Part of the power Animoto brings to your videos is our large library of licensed music. On occasion, we understand you might need to produce a video that is completely silent. Although Animoto does not currently offer a built-in method to produce a video without music, we do have an easy workaround that involves uploading a silent soundtrack to your project to accomplish this effect.
Steps to produce a video without any sound:
- Right-click the "Download Animoto Silent Soundtrack.mp3" link underneath these instructions.
- Choose "Save link as..." to download the file. (note: your browser might say something slightly different.)
- While editing a project, click "Change Song" to bring up the "Change Music" dialog box.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, under the heading "Your Music", click "Upload Songs".
- Choose the silent soundtrack you downloaded in step #1.
- Enter a name for the track ("Silent Track", for example).
- If you'd like to shorten the song, you can click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the editor screen and use the song trim function to shorten the length of silence.
Download "Animoto Silent Sountrack.mp3"