It is straightforward to loop an Animoto video on a DVD using iDVD on the Mac.
On most machines, iDVD should be pre-installed, however if you have a newer Mac without an optical drive, you may need to install it from the iLife’11 DVD or the recovery disc which came with your computer. If you need to purchase a copy of iLife and iDVD, you can obtain it direct from Apple or Amazon.
Before you begin
You will need to download the MP4 of your Animoto Video. You can do this from the video’s player page.
Select “Download/Export” from the tools menu.
Select “MP4” as your download option. The file should begin downloading and will be saved onto your computer.
If you have not yet upgraded your video to either 720P HD or 480P then you may want to do this before downloading as using a higher quality file will give the best results.
1. Open iDVD and choose “Create a New Project”
2. Type a name for your project in the “Save As” field, select Widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio and then click “Create”. The iDVD window will open with a default theme selected. You can ignore this as an auto playing DVD does not use a theme.
3. Click the Map button (below) to open the DVD map.
4. Drag your downloaded Animoto video to the project icon (below).
5. To turn on looping, click the project icon andselect “Advanced >> Loop Movie” from the menu.
6. You can preview the DVD by clicking the play button at the bottom of the window, this will show you how your movie will look. Then you can burn to DVD by selecting “Burn DVD...” from the file menu.