Here are a few common questions we hear from Animoto customers. Have more questions? Just ask in the comments, or open a help request with us and we'll get back to you right away.
Who will see Animoto videos I share to Facebook?
When you share an Animoto for the first time, Facebook will ask you to authorize Animoto to give us permission to post your video. During this time, you will also be asked to which of your Facebook friends should the video be shared. Here are some of the "audiences" you can share with:
- Public. When you share an Animoto video, every member of Facebook will be able to view it.
- Friends. Only your friends will be able to view your video on Facebook.
- Friends of friends. Your friends, and friends of your friends will be able to see and view your video.
- Only Me. Your Animoto video will be shared to your Facebook timeline, but only you will see it.
- Custom. Choose a default list, or specific people, as well as exclude certain Facebook users.
- Lists. These are custom lists you create in Facebook. Examples of lists could be "friends from school", or "immediate family".
Note: if you tag a Facebook friend in your video, their friends will be able to see your video, even if you are not mutual friends.
Is it possible that my Animoto video could be viewed by Facebook users I am not connected to?
If you share an Animoto video to your 'Friends' only, but tag a friend in the video, Facebook could include your video on your friend's timeline, which means it could be viewed by your friend's friends, and people who you may not be friends with on Facebook.
How can I change who can see my video after I've already shared it to Facebook?
You can change who can see your posts at any time. To do this, look for the date/time stamp on your shared video. Right next to that will be your sharing options. If it's public, you'll see a mini globe. If you have it shared with your friends, you'll see a silhouette of two people. Just click the down-pointing arrow and change your audience.
When I set up Animoto with Facebook, I chose "Public." How can I change this?
You can change the default posting options by visiting this Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and locating the Animoto application. Click the pencil icon (edit settings). The setting you're looking for is called "App visibility and post audience." From there you can change the setting to your new default audience.