Connecting your Facebook account to Animoto
Sharing your Animoto videos to Facebook is quick and easy!
- From your My Videos page hover your mouse over the video and use the SHARE icon to choose how you'd like to share your video.
- When you share a video for the first time, Facebook will ask you to authorize Animoto to post on your behalf -- this will give us permission to post your videos to your Facebook when you use the share tools in your Animoto account.
- Once you've connected to your Facebook account, you can add a description and change your video title. You can also tag people in your post by clicking "Connect to Friends List" and entering the names of those you'd like to tag.
- Click the PREVIEW button to preview what your Facebook post will look like before publishing it.
- Click PUBLISH and you're all set!
Switching between posting to your Facebook timeline and your Facebook page
Creating multiple videos, for multiple purposes? No problem! We've made it easy for you to choose between posting to your personal Facebook timeline or your Facebook pages each time you share a video to Facebook.
- From the SHARE section on your video, click on the Facebook icon.
- Choose which Facebook account you'd like to share to by clicking on either Personal Timeline or Business Pages.
3. If you're sharing to your Facebook page you should see all of the Pages that you are an admin for.
4. Once you've connected, you can switch between posting to your Facebook timeline and your Facebook page using the dropdown menu under CHOOSE ACCOUNT
Connection error message
If you are seeing an error message that says “Your Animoto account is already connected to a different Facebook account” when trying to share to Facebook, you already have a Facebook account connected to your Animoto account.
To clear this up, remove the current connection to Facebook in your account. If that doesn't clear up the error message, please reach out to our Customer Success team. One of our advisors will be happy to help.
Clearing your Facebook connection
You can change the Facebook account you're connected to by going to the SETTINGS tab on your Account page and clicking the "X" next to Facebook.
You can only have one Facebook account connected to Animoto at a time, but you are welcome to clear your Facebook connections and connect to a new account as often as you would like!