When you share a video for the first time, Facebook will ask you to authorize Animoto to post on your behalf -- this will give us permission to post your videos to your Facebook page or feed when you use the share tools in your Animoto account.
You’ll also be asked who on Facebook you’d like to share your videos with. You can learn more about choosing a Facebook audience here.
Should you ever change your mind about who you'd like the audience for your Animoto videos to be, you can change the default visibility setting for your shared video by adjusting your Facebook settings for the Animoto application.
1. Find Animoto in the “Logged in with Facebook” list from your Facebook settings.
2. Click the pencil icon.
3. Under “App visibility and post audience" change the setting to your preferred default audience.
Facebook Account Connected to Another User Errors
Animoto accounts can only be connected to one Facebook profile at a time. If you received this error, you’ve either connected a different Facebook profile to your Animoto account in the past, or you have another Animoto account that is linked to this Facebook profile.
Here is how to rule both of these factors out and get going fast:
- Go to https://animoto.com/account and select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to “Connected Services,” look for Facebook, click the small “x” next to it, and try sharing again.
- If you there is no Facebook account to disconnect then you likely have another Animoto account that your Facebook is attached to.
If there is another Animoto account that is linked to your Facebook account we’ll be able to help you fast. Head to https://www.facebook.com/settings to see what email address is listed there and let us know by submitting a help request. We’ll get back to you in a jiffy!