In 2020, Animoto released a Free forever plan that allows for all users to create Animoto videos for Free. Our team spent months learning from educators that use Animoto about what features matter the most and how our Free plan might meet those needs. We also considered known pain points about our previous Education plan including the need to sign up every year, the restrictive number of codes for each sign up, and the difficulties teachers had with troubleshooting any issues on their own. In 2021 we made the decision to retire our existing Education plan and instead support teachers and educators with using our Free plan for their classrooms.
To use the Free plan every student can sign up for an Animoto account with their own email address. After signing up, each student automatically will be set up on the Free plan that includes the following features:
- Standard quality video (720p)
- 50+ royalty-free music tracks
- 3 standard fonts
- 30 hand-picked color swatches
- 12 video styles and 7 filters
- The ability to create and share unlimited videos
- Maximum video length up to 50 minutes
- Students can also upload their own music track and as many pictures and video clips as they need to their projects!
You can create as many Free student accounts as you need, whenever you need them! Follow these step-by-step instructions to create student accounts.
If you and your students ever need access to advanced features such as downloading or watermark removal, you can connect with the Customer Team about purchasing a classroom specific subscription!