If you are running into trouble uploading a file to your Animoto video, don't worry. Upload issues are usually easy to solve.
Below are 5 troubleshooting steps that resolve most upload trouble:
- Confirm that your file meets our upload requirements (format and size)
. HD video clips and PNG images can have trouble uploading to Animoto because they contain a lot of data. Be sure to check the file type, size, and length of images before trying again! Our upload requirements guide also includes some handy converting and troubleshooting steps for each specific file type.
- Ensure your browser is up to date to rule out stability issues.
Keeping your browser up to date allows you to access all of the new features that your browser can provide. If you notice that something is off or isn’t working quite right, your browser may need to be updated. We recommend using the newest version of Chrome or Firefox, these browsers have time-tested support for HTML5, a format that modern websites like ours use!
- Clear your cache to rule out issues cached in your browsing session.
Cached data is temporary storage, and over time it can cause your web browser to slow down. Clearing your cache can improve performance and allows the site to retrieve the most up to date information. Clearing the cache does not affect stored passwords and logins, downloaded files, or any custom settings.
- Start your browser in Incognito/Safe mode before trying the upload again to rule out issues caused by some plugins. Browser extensions can change how your browser functions, which can then affect the performance of other websites. Incognito mode disables all extensions automatically, so if everything works in Incognito mode, you’ll just need to disable the extension that is blocking Animoto from running. This issue can still occur on new devices if you have logged into a browser where you have saved your settings.
- Use a different internet network or a hotspot and try the upload again to rule out firewall related issues on employee or government networks. If none of the other troubleshooting steps worked, we recommend trying it again on a different network or device. This most often comes up with work or school issued devices or networks due to security settings like firewalls that prevent some aspects of the site from running properly.
Most upload issues will be resolved by trying the steps above, but if you are still unable to upload, we want to hear about it! Please reach out to our Customer Team via email at help@Animoto.com and be sure to attach the file you are unable to upload so we can take a closer look.